Getting Started with Stripe
If you want to accept credit and debit card payments, you must have a Stripe subscription; if you don't have a Stripe account, follow the steps below to create one.
- Go to https://dashboard.stripe.com/register, fill out the information, and click on Create your Stripe account.
- Stripe will send a confirmation email. Check your inbox and click on Confirm email address.
- You will then get redirected to your Stripe dashboard.
Click on Activate your account.
- At the end of the form, click on Submit Application.
New Stripe accounts will go through an approval process. This process is almost instantaneous in most cases, and most users will accept payments immediately. If more information is needed to complete the approval, Stripe will contact the account owner.
DepositFix - Stripe Test Account
When you first sign up to DepositFix, you can skip connecting your Stripe account and use our test Stripe account for testing. This is very useful if you want to get set up and test quickly or don't have an active payment gateway yet.
To skip connecting Stripe, click on Skip this step.
When using our default Stripe test account, you're able to:
- Immediately create payment forms.
- Test these payment forms and all Stripes functionality.
- Switch to your own Stripe account and start collecting live payments immediately.
Testing your forms using the DepositFix default Stripe
You can use this test account to test the following features on your forms:
- Single Payment forms.
- Donation Payment Forms.
- Subscription payment forms
- Discount codes and coupons.
When using subscription products, you can use one of the following plans:
When using discount codes with Subscription products, you can use one of the following codes:
demo_30_flat- $30 off
demo_annual_10_percent- 10% off (annual plan only).
You can test payments using the following Stripe testing cards.
Cards for Successful Payments
Expiration Date – any future date CVC – any 3 or 4 (AMEX) digits
- 4242424242424242 – Visa
- 5555555555554444 – Mastercard
- 378282246310005 – American Express
- 6011111111111117 – Discover
- 30569309025904 – Diners Club
- 3530111333300000 – JCB
Cards for Failed Payments
- 4000000000000101 – Failed CVC check
- 4000000000000119 – Charge is declined with a processing_error code
- 4000000000000069 – Charge is declined with an expired_card code
Last updated on August 6, 2021